Sunday, January 11, 2015

New England Cozy

New England-ers know what to expect in January. Cold, snow, and ice. We complain about it, although we secretly love it. I suspect that shoveling out one's car is an unspoken rite of passage around here. It briefly unifies neighbors who typically fight over the same parking spots. 

This winter hasn't been particularly snowy so far, but it has been incredibly cold. Really cold. Like zero degrees Fahrenheit cold, and schools in Boston were closed earlier this week, which means that getting comfy and cozy indoors is a must. 


Cellphone screen capture from a
very chilly 0
°F earlier this week

Growing up, falling temperatures didn't mean the heat was turned up higher. Instead, it was time to layer up and put on a(nother) sweatshirt. In my adult life, I have more control of the thermostat, and no longer need to stack hoodies, but I still opt to throw on my favorite sweats when lounging around. 

*My Fave Four* for getting cozy:

1. LLBean Womens Wicked Good® Moccasins: LLBean is a New England staple, and for a good reason. Their products are made for the cold. These mocs are without a doubt the best slippers. All of my friends have a pair. Size down, as they stretch a bit as you break them in. 

2. Patagonia Better Sweater®: I didn't understand the Better Sweater hype until I got one of my own. I basically live in this thing at home. Since it's slim fit, I sized up to a women's large (I'm normally between a medium and a large) and it fits great. Perfect for layering. 

3. Lululemon Base Runner Pant: I love these pants. They are the softest pants I own and incredibly comfortable. I also adore the pockets. I use them primarily as sleep pants, but they are versatile enough that I wouldn't hesitate to wear them around town while running errands.  

4. SFERRA Celine throw: This beautiful gift arrived from my boyfriend expertly wrapped during the holidays. I was blown away by the presentation. It looks and feels much more expensive than it is and is the perfect size for cuddling up on the couch. 







What is your favorite winter cozy item? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment